8.13.2011

I Do, But I Don't

I think it is finally time to have my wedding band resized.

It is a size 8, I had to have it made bigger after I had Dillon because of all the weight I gained during pregnancy. I had gained 80 pounds and didn't even lose half of it by the time I got pregnant with Maliya. My finger size changed for "good."

Now that I have lost so much weight, so far, my wedding band has been getting looser. It has become something like a security "blanket" for me. I am constantly moving my ring up and down my finger, over my knuckle with such ease. It excites me that if I shake my hand hard enough, my ring will come off. I like how it looks when my ring hangs around my knuckle if I have my hand down.

Tonight, I realized it is too loose. Almost to the point that I don't feel comfortable wearing it out of fear it would come off too easily and be lost or something. But...at the same time, I don't want to have my ring resized because of the sense of security it gives me. It is also a daily, physical reminder of how far I have come and the success I have to date.

I want to have it resized so it fits properly, but at the same time...I am scared to.

:/

5 comments:

  1. There's this little thing they can attach to the inner side of it...it's like these little ball things. It makes it tighter, but it's not a permanent fix like a resize would be. Maybe you could have a jeweler take a look at that option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to get mine sized bigger but now after a year I need to get it smaller. I hate not having my ring on but I wouldn't want to loose it. Im a Navy wife in Hawaii as well, I just found your blog. Im in Pearl City, how about you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. do it! just think, soon you will be able to get it resized again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive been here for about 2 months, how about you. I tried to find a email for you but I couldn't find one. Email me: TheThriftyMilitaryWife@gmail.com
    Maybe we could meet up? I have a almost 4 year old daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can understand both feelings. Practically speaking, though, the thought of it coming off your finger, at a location not of your own choosing, is the scariest of all.
    Resizing is the best choice.

    ReplyDelete