8.09.2011

Never Give Up

When I was a senior in high school, September 2003-June 2004, I did a lot of running to prepare for Navy bootcamp.

I ran 2-3 miles a day, during school hours. I even joined track and field in the Spring to help me prepare more and because I loved running. I really only wanted the conditioning part though and that is all I did.

Fast forward six years, I haven't run since. Life happened. Marriage, children, a lot of weight gain, moving half-way across the world, surgeries...etc.

I have lost 49 lbs since Maliya was born, as of last Wednesday (August 3rd). I got the idea to try running again last week and I figured I would just run as much as I could for a mile and walk when I needed a break or couldn't run anymore. I ended up running about half and walking about half, total.

Then I got sick when Dillon brought home germs at the end of his first week of school. I am still getting over being sick, but last night I had decided to try running again. I paced myself and just did it.

I ran the entire mile, without stopping once and even with congestion from being sick. Only the second time I went running since I decided to try it and it felt amazing. I feel so proud of myself and I feel so accomplished. I am inspired and motivated even more now.

I got ready for my run tonight and said to myself that I would do what I could and accept that. I paced myself and managed to run the entire mile without stopping, again. I had a little pain in my leg and got a cramp in my side at the end, but I did it.

I never gave up.

It really is amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it. Your body can handle so much more than your mind tells you it can. Just tell yourself you can do it and then do it. Try your hardest because even if you don't accomplish your goal, you still succeed by not giving up and by doing the best that you could.

I know I have come really far in the short time I have been working on losing weight so I can have my breast reduction surgery done and I want everyone who reads this or my weight-loss blog to know that it has not been easy at all. It hasn't even been fun about 99% of the time.

But I want it. And it's worth it.

If you don't want it bad enough to get up and do the work and you can't find a reward that is worth the work...then you won't do it.

Get up, get inspired and never give up.

<3

2 comments:

  1. you are too amazing. I LOVE YOU! and keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesome, Christina. I have managed to keep my own weight down as well. through exercise and careful eating. I tend to eat less while on the road, but here at my "third home" in New Jersey, SIL and BIL have overindulged me with cheesecake. Am dealing with the aftermath by getting back in exercise mode.

    ReplyDelete