9.27.2011

Project: Complete



I decided to tackle a project while Maliya was napping earlier this afternoon. I had purchased 1 yard of 100% imported silk ($25/yard...eek!!) as well as 1 yard of white dot minky for the backing. I felt confident enough to run the silk through my sewing machine and it turned out so much better than I thought it would.

Pinning the two sides together took longer than the actual sewing did. I managed to finish it, turn it right-side out and then border it all before Dillon got home from school. Maliya woke up but was content in her swing and just swung quietly, so that was a great help.

I cannot wait until I can buy some more fabric in larger pieces. I also want to buy batting and make a couple of throw pillows for Dillon's loveseat in his room, as a test run for those. I'm looking forward to it!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment